[PVE-User] Hot resize of Windows virtio disks ?

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Wed Jul 16 10:30:52 CEST 2014

>>To be honest, I don't know the difference between one and ohter: virtio-scsi and virtio-blk...
>>Can you point me some docs??

virtio-scsi are a little bit slower than virtio-blk.
with virtio-scsi is a real scsi controller, so, some features like scsi passthrough, trim is working.

To be honest, I don't know the difference between one and ohter: virtio-scsi and virtio-blk...
Can you point me some docs??

Thanks

Sorry... Perhaps I misunderstood something...

>>If so, I indeed would like more information on that bug. However, I can
>>successfully resize C:\ disks on Windows 2008 R2 & Windows 2012, Windows
>>2012 R2 using the latest virtio drivers, so I guess it was fixed, or I
>>just didn't hit it...

I should be more precise:

virtio-scsi is working fine since the beginning. (proxmox : scsi disk + virtio scsi controller in options)

but virtio-blk was buggy (proxmox : virtio disk)