[PVE-User] HA migration behaviour vs. failures

Gilberto Nunes gilberto.nunes32 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 21:44:48 CEST 2014

Regarding GlusterFS, I suggest take a look on this website:
http://www.jamescoyle.net/

There's a lot of materials to work on this site...

In one of the articles, James said that if GlusterFS was combined with ZFS,
then performance is not the bottleneck...

Some experience here can support this statement?

> From our experience with glusterfs, performance is terrible. Reliability
> was also questionable as we experienced random corruption.
>
> I suggest you give ceph a try.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On 22 Jul 2014, at 7:25 PM, Dhaussy Alexandre <ADhaussy at voyages-sncf.com>
> wrote:
> >

> > Le 22/07/2014 18:56, Michael Rasmussen a écrit :

> >> Could it be a saturation of network or an overburden storage?
> >
> > I don't think so.
> > Very few load on both network and storage.
> >
> > Network : dedicated vlan for glusterfs (for this 3 nodes only)
> > Storage : 15 vms (doing nothing) / 24 vdisks / 18 disks on 3 nodes
> > (glusterfs with replica 3)
> >
> > Glusterfs servers/clients and Proxmox on the same nodes.

Gilberto Ferreira