[PVE-User] HA migration behaviour vs. failures

Dhaussy Alexandre ADhaussy at voyages-sncf.com
Mon Jul 28 10:02:26 CEST 2014

Le 28/07/2014 06:13, Dietmar Maurer a écrit :
> Because there is definitely something wrong. check_running() only tests
> if the kvm process is still alive, but cannot test if everything is OK with
> the VM.
True, but that's exactly what the cluster does, it monitors kvm process,
nothing else, and relocates if something goes wrong.
Monitoring tools should take care of the rest.

I don't undestand your point, because proxmox acts differently when not
in HA mode :

When not in HA mode : if migration fails, proxmox does a qm stop on the
target node.
When in HA mode : if migration fails, proxmox does a qm stop on the
source node (clusvcadm -d.)

Why this difference ?

Even in the worst scenario, imho the HA service should never be disabled
but relocated.

> Why exactly does migration fail with your VM?

I wish i knew, but i don't know where to look for.. :(

Last week, i migrated 15 vms from one node to another, only one failed.
Migration worked fine the second time.