[PVE-User] Backup in snapshot mode with running sortware

Michael Rasmussen mir at miras.org
Mon Jul 28 22:08:36 CEST 2014

On Mon, 28 Jul 2014 14:48:52 -0500
Adam Thompson <athompso at athompso.net> wrote:

> (FWIW: somewhat counter-intuitively, Oracle and Sybase seem to be much more vulnerable to this sort of problem than MySQL or PgSQL, at least in my experience.)

At my job doing snapshots on VM's hosting Oracle DB's is nogo unless
the DBA have put the entire instance in read-only mode. It is to the
best of my knowledge unsupported by Oracle to make snapshots on running
instances in RW-mode.

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys:
michael <at> rasmussen <dot> cc
mir <at> datanom <dot> net
mir <at> miras <dot> org
/usr/games/fortune -es says:
This wasn't just plain terrible, this was fancy terrible.  This was
terrible with raisins in it.
		-- Dorothy Parker