[PVE-User] Serial console

Philippe Andersson pan at iba-group.com
Mon Mar 31 17:33:14 CEST 2014

Hello,

Quick question. We've tested the serial console feature for linux-based
VMs, and it works well. This is the way we defined it in the VM
configuration file:

"serial0: socket"

The big drawback is that when this new "hardware" is enabled, the VM
doesn't support live migration any longer.

1./ is there a different way to define this virtual hardware that would
offer the same functionalities while maintaining
the ability to live migrate ?

2./ is there a plan at some point in the Proxmox roadmap to lift this
limitation and make this "socket" compatible with live migration ?

TIA

Cheers. Bye.

Ph. A.

--