[PVE-User] Boot problem with PERC H310

Eneko Lacunza elacunza at binovo.es
Tue Sep 30 17:57:00 CEST 2014

Hi all,

I'm trying to expand a Dell PE T20 server with a spare PERC H310 card
(LSI2008). It's just to add more ceph disks, I'm not interested in the
RAID capabilities.

T20 server works perfectly with Proxmox 3.2 and 3.3 .

But it fails to boot correctly when I add the PERC H310 card; after grub
screen kernel loads and starts init. After a while, lots of "udevd
timeout: killing /sbin/modprobe ..." appear, and they seem to last forever.

This happens with latest Proxmox 3.3 community kernel and also with
latest debian wheezy kernel.

Any hint to fix it?

Thanks
Eneko