[PVE-User] Proxmox VE 4.1 released!

Albert Dengg albert at fsfe.org
Fri Dec 11 19:59:34 CET 2015

hi,
On Fri, Dec 11, 2015 at 12:24:16PM +0100, Martin Maurer wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> we are proud to announce the final release of our Proxmox VE 4.1!
:)

i have a slight problem however and i'm wondering if anybody else
has this problem:
while i had fencing working fine using the iTCO watchdog in 4.0, in
4.1 i cannot get pve to fence a node.

my setup is the following:

3x DELL R620 Servers, with full iDRAC
running current pve from the enterprise repository

when i try to force a node to fence itself by setting all links to
down using this simple command
for i in $(seq 0 5); do ip l s eth$i down; done
to set all links to down, the node will not reboot itself even
though pvecm status correctly displays that quorum has been lost

i have tried:
iTCO_wdt
ipmi_watchdog
both with and without nmi_watchdog=0

the only differnece is that if i use ipmi_watchdog, i get a message
in the kernel ring buffer every 5 secondds like that:
Dec 11 18:59:29 pve2 kernel: [  361.067004] ipmi_si ipmi_si.0: Could not set the global enables: 0xcc.

fencing was working before (in fact it seems all nodes where fencing
themselves on the upgrade from 4.0 to 4.1...)

does somebody have an idea whats going wrong here or to be more
exact, where to search next?

thx

regards,
albert