[PVE-User] Installing Hardware RAID.

Muhammad Yousuf Khan sirtcp at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 19:32:06 CET 2015

I have been using Proxmox for so long this is my first time that i may need
to use Hardware RAID instead of MDADM, Just asking for my knowledge as i we
are planning to buy a raid controller.how do you guys recommend installing
Hardware RAID. regardless of fake or true RAID.

I am asking this because there are two methods of installing Proxmox (a)
first install debian, (b) then installing PVE kernel.

However the 2nd type of installation is via ISO image.  and i am mostly
using the first method with software RAID or ZFS. this is my first time i
am looking into Hardware raid installation.

so which method do you guys prefer?

I can see Debian Jessie has the driver for my RAID CARD.

here is the model HP DL380
https://wiki.debian.org/HP/ProLiant

any sharing knowledge will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
yousuf