[PVE-User] Is it possible to use qemu Livebackup feature with Proxmox?

Gilberto Nunes gilberto.nunes32 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 14:24:14 CET 2015

Hi

Let me write something about PVE Backup... It's work fine... I don't
complain...
But, on the other hand LiveBackup in Qemu is far away PVE Backup, since
it's make incremental backup:
 Livebackup - A Complete Solution for making Full and Incremental Disk
Backups of Running VMs

Livebackup provides the ability for an administrator or a management server
to use a livebackup_client program to connect to the qemu process and copy
the disk blocks that were modified since the last backup was taken.

It's a feature that many people would see in Proxmox next versions...

Just a consideration...

> > "[SOLTECSIS] Carles Xavier Munyoz Baldó" <carles at unlimitedmail.org> hat
> am 16.
> > Januar 2015 um 13:20 geschrieben:
> >

> > Hello,
> > I have seen this searching for a virtual machines online incremental
> > backup solution and I have found this:
> > http://wiki.qemu.org/Features/Livebackup
>
> This wiki page is very outdated and the code never went into qemu (last
> edit was
> in 2011).
>
> But we at Proxmox implemented live backup afterwards (for qemu), this is
> what
> you have already in Proxmox VE since quite some time (KVM live backup), see
> http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Backup_and_Restore
>
> Best,
>
> Martin

"A única forma de chegar ao impossível, é acreditar que é possível."
Lewis Carroll - Alice no País das Maravilhas

""*The only way* to achieve *the impossible is to believe* it is *possible*
."
Lewis Carroll - Alice in Wonderland

Gilberto Ferreira
(47) 9676-7530