[PVE-User] Is it possible to use qemu Livebackup feature with Proxmox?

Gilberto Nunes gilberto.nunes32 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 14:38:15 CET 2015

Here it is:

Source Code Repositories

Currently, Livebackup is available as an enhancement to both the qemu and
qemu-kvm projects. The goal is to get Livebackup accepted by the qemu
project, and then flow through to the qemu-kvm project.
Clone git://github.com/jagane/qemu-livebackup.git to get access to a clone
of the qemu source tree with Livebackup enhancements.
Clone git://github.com/jagane/qemu-kvm-livebackup.git to get access to a
clone of the qemu-kvm source tree with Livebackup enhancements.

> > Gilberto Nunes <gilberto.nunes32 at gmail.com> hat am 16. Januar 2015 um
> 14:24
> > geschrieben:
> >

> > Hi
> >
> > Let me write something about PVE Backup... It's work fine... I don't
> > complain...
> > But, on the other hand LiveBackup in Qemu is far away PVE Backup, since
> > it's make incremental backup:
> >  Livebackup - A Complete Solution for making Full and Incremental Disk
> > Backups of Running VMs
>
> Gilberto, you missed one point. There is no "Complete Solution", just an
> outdated "wiki" page which claims its an "complete solution", but nothing
> more.
> The described feature does not exist. If I am wrong, please correct me by
> pointing to the code.
>
> Best,
> Martin

"A única forma de chegar ao impossível, é acreditar que é possível."
Lewis Carroll - Alice no País das Maravilhas

""*The only way* to achieve *the impossible is to believe* it is *possible*
."
Lewis Carroll - Alice in Wonderland

Gilberto Ferreira
(47) 9676-7530