[PVE-User] Is it possible to use qemu Livebackup feature withProxmox?

Lutz Markus Willek l.willek at science-computing.de
Fri Jan 16 16:30:17 CET 2015

nice!

Thank you Steffen for sharing this link: may i try it to conserve bandwidth for my offsite backups. The next step would be to generate offsite syntethic full backups automaticly to prevent the transmission of full backups over wire. Dreams come true, or at least probably: incrementals forever... That would be the "Kind of NetBackup" for Proxmox...

From http://ayufan.eu/projects/proxmox-ve-differential-backups/:
"I tried to push the changes upstream. They were rejected by Dietmar:"

    We removed that feature 3 years ago. I have no plans to re-add that. We want to keep vzdump a simple tool.

I agree to the argument: backups should be simple. Even more important, recovering from backup should not be harder compared to the creation of a backup. Aside from that good argument: any other reasons not to include the code in upstream?

Regards,

Lutz