[PVE-User] Open vSwitch and Clustering

Brian Hart brianhart at ou.edu
Fri Jan 16 23:54:18 CET 2015

We got two new systems that we installed the latest version of proxmox on.
Did an apt-get update and dist-upgrade to make sure they were on the most
recent versions.  We then created a cluster and got them talking and all
that went fine.

The problem came when we added OVS to one of the nodes and set it all up in
the GUI.  Once we did a reboot we have not been able to get the cluster
communications to work since then.  We have tried to revert it back
completely - removing open vswitch packages and all and doing a stock
config in the /etc/network/interfaces file but we cannot get multicast to
work now between the two nodes.  Nothing else changed.

Has anybody else run across this or are there known issues with doing OVS
and clustering?  I've done a lot of google searching but have not found a
clear answer or solution to a problem like this.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Brian