[PVE-User] Open vSwitch and Clustering

Brian Hart brianhart at ou.edu
Sat Jan 17 18:24:29 CET 2015

Adam --

Thank you for the response.  I even tried backing out open vswitch
completely - purging it from the system - and then manually reconfiguring a
single NIC without even a bridge and could not restore the multicast
communication.  However, I reinstalled the single node I tried setting up
OVS on, deleted it from the existing cluster configuration on the other
system (which wasn't reloaded), and re-added it and its working again.
Nothing has changed on the switch or the other node.  It seems for some
reason as soon as I installed OVS it broke multicast for that node
completely and the only way I could restore it was to reinstall.

It sounds like my experience is worse than yours though?  In your case you
still have OVS installed and it is still working?

Thanks!

Brian