[PVE-User] Open vSwitch with multiple VLANs

Adam Thompson athompso at athompso.net
Fri Jan 23 19:04:30 CET 2015

On 2015-01-23 12:02 PM, Adam Thompson wrote:
> On 2015-01-23 06:47 AM, Sten Aus wrote:
>> Hi guys and girls!
>>
>> Is someone using open vSwitch (ovs) with multiple VLANs? How is your
>> VM-s configured?
>> Let's say that on Proxmox host I have created bridge *vmbr0* (for LAN
>> communication) and *vmbr1* (for Internet). *And there should be 5
>> VLANs on vmbr0.*

I should have clarified - this has absolutely nothing to do with OVS
specifically.  All the same principles apply whether you're using OVS or
not (with PVE).
In the SDN world, things get a bit more complicated, but PVE just uses
OVS as a drop-in replacement for the linux bridging code.

--
-Adam Thompson
  athompso at athompso.net