[PVE-User] implementing openvswitch

Sten Aus sten.aus at eenet.ee
Wed Jan 28 14:09:03 CET 2015

GOT IT!

I changed my interface names not to mix them up with linux bridges (as
linux bridge was used by all of the VM-s, not just this particular
proxmox host).

So, before i had (linux bridge) interfaces: vmbr10, vmbr15 and so on.
After, I had implemented ovs, I change them to OVSIntPorts called
"backnet", "proxmox" and tagged to VLAN. But I just wanted to check -
and now I've renamed all my interfaces with the same names they were
used by Linux bridge and cluster is green! :)

Only thing - if anyone could speculate/help here:
If I manage to change all my nodes to ovs, can I rename interfaces then?
Or is it more like "once you go vmbr10, you never go back"?

Sten