[PVE-User] GlusterFS slow resync

Fabrizio Cuseo f.cuseo at panservice.it
Tue Jul 28 12:33:05 CEST 2015

Hello.
I am testing a 2 nodes cluster with glusterFS.

GlusterFS is configured with 4 (raid-5) 1Tbyte disk, so there are 2 bricks replicated (1 per server).

I have a VM with a VirtualDisk qcow2 of 2,5Tbyte, and the file is now 950Gbyte.

After rebooting one of the two nodes, glusterFS needs more than 12 hours to resync (the nodes are connected with a p2p infiniband 10Gbit card).

Someone have similar problems ? Is GlusterFS not so usable for big VM's ?

Regards, Fabrizio

--
---
Fabrizio Cuseo - mailto:f.cuseo at panservice.it
Direzione Generale - Panservice InterNetWorking
Servizi Professionali per Internet ed il Networking
Panservice e' associata AIIP - RIPE Local Registry
Phone: +39 0773 410020 - Fax: +39 0773 470219
http://www.panservice.it  mailto:info at panservice.it
Numero verde nazionale: 800 901492