[PVE-User] Fun with LVM storage

Eneko Lacunza elacunza at binovo.es
Tue Jul 28 13:05:31 CEST 2015

El 28/07/15 a las 12:50, Dietmar Maurer escribió:
>> I think this is exposing a data leak between VMs using LVM storage, and
>> that a data zeroing should be performed when deleting (best) or creating
>> (sufficient) a LVM disk.
>>
>> What do you think?
> This is already implemented. The option is called 'saferemove'

I can't find this option in the GUI. Also, can't find any reference to
it in the wiki.

Only Google reported a message from 2012.

I see it also documented in pvesm manpage, took a while to find it as
man storage.cfg as per Debian std doesn't work.

I think this should be more clearly reported, as can be a security
problem. Maybe the default should be to saferemove.

Thanks
Eneko

--
Zuzendari Teknikoa / Director Técnico