[PVE-User] Some thought about zfs based configurations

LicoMonch proxmox-pve-user-list at licomonch.net
Fri Jul 31 13:31:46 CEST 2015

Am 31.07.2015 um 11:33 schrieb Pongrácz István:
> I like the openvz approach, where the whole system is inside a directory, so, the CT uses directly the filesystem of the hardware node. In this case, there are no overhead or filesystem corruption risk, due to that, the CT uses ZFS "directly". Of course, on application level, for example mysql inconsistent situation can happen on crash or snapshot (anyway, I did never experience this).

Not the best source to get a good point: https://openvz.org/Ploop/Why#Before_ploop

IOW: There was a great discussion a few days earlier on the ovz-list, if simfs should be droped or
not - developers would like dropping it ;)

Lico

PS: Just a hint. Your posting has a good point ...

PPS: .. even if I think you should better/more clearly compare your setup with latest pve, as some
things are already in there.