[PVE-User] Limited number of virtio-devices/drives

Michael Rasmussen mir at miras.org
Fri Jul 31 19:33:56 CEST 2015

On Fri, 31 Jul 2015 12:12:44 -0500
Keri Alleyne <k.alleyne at symlogix.com> wrote:

> The FreeBSD system will then use these drives to create a zpool.
>
> With a limit of 16 Virtio disks, it seems that we can't use this approach to operate 24 disks.
>
> Any suggestions? Any creative approaches to work around this problem?

For this purpose you should not consider anything but passthrough.
Using virtual disks only adds an extra layer of complexity which
reduces performance greatly and sort of disable all the fancy features
provided by ZFS.

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys:
michael <at> rasmussen <dot> cc
mir <at> datanom <dot> net
mir <at> miras <dot> org
/usr/games/fortune -es says:
<lilo> Fairlight: udp is the light margarine of tcp/ip transport
protocols :) -- Seen on #Linux