[PVE-User] Shrink qemu raw image...

Gilberto Nunes gilberto.nunes32 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 14:10:13 CEST 2015

Hi.. Thanks for quickly response...

And of course, I always down the vm... Indeed, I also work on a copy of raw
image...
Because the VM is already in production... But the use of this vm is very
rare...
So doesn't matter if one or two register was lost during the procedure,
because we can insert the lost register again...

Thanks anyway

>  Hi Gilberto,
>
> Do not perform a qemu-img resize on a RAW file that is in use. First stop
> the VM, then shrink the RAW image.
>
> I don't know whether the qemu storage command can shrink a raw storage
> online, you can check the docs...
>
> Cheers
> Eneko
>
> El 22/06/15 a las 13:50, Gilberto Nunes escribió:
>
>     Hi guys
>
>  I was able to reduce LVM and root/home partition inside a certain VM,
> runnning on Proxmox.
>  The VM has raw image.
>  This image was 4 TB of size..
>  But, when I try using command:
>
> qemu-img resize vm.raw -XXXXG
>
>  The VM get crash! No partition remain....
>
>  So I thought use virt-resize to make this operation....
>  I can use perhaps, other host, with virt-manager and other virt tools
> installed, shrink the raw image with virt-resize and get use the resulting
> image to new VM on Proxmox...
>
>  Or, maybe you guys, has another solution...??
>
>  Thanks
>
> --
>
>  Gilberto Ferreira
> +55 (47) 9676-7530