[PVE-User] Hotplug Memory boots VM with 1GB

Gilberto Nunes gilberto.nunes32 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 13:09:46 CET 2015

Hi

This happen to me too...
If you enable hotplug for memory, you need add this :

SUBSYSTEM=="cpu", ACTION=="add", TEST=="online", ATTR{online}=="0",
ATTR{online}="1"
SUBSYSTEM=="memory", ACTION=="add", TEST=="state",
ATTR{state}=="offline", ATTR{state}="online"

To this file:

/lib/udev/rules.d/80-hotplug-cpu-mem.rules

Poweroff and boot it again. Do not reboot. Power off...

> Hello -
>
> I'm not sure if I'm running into a bug or if I'm missing something.  I
> have done several tests playing with different settings for a VM and have
> found that consistently whenever I set Hotplug to allow memory it limits
> the guest VM to 1GB of memory even if I have more assigned to it at
> startup.  Has anybody else seen this?  Is there something special about the
> hotplug that this is expected that I'm not aware of?
>
> Thanks,
> Brian Hart

Gilberto Ferreira
+55 (47) 9676-7530