[PVE-User] VM's consistently failing to start

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 02:36:42 CET 2015

On Fri, 6 Mar 2015 10:03:58 AM Dietmar Maurer wrote:
>  finally upload a new kernel to pvetest, including that fix:
>
> http://download.proxmox.com/debian/dists/wheezy/pvetest/binary-amd64/pve-ker
> nel-3.10.0-7-pve_3.10.0-29_amd64.deb
>
> Please test.

Initial results look very good. I installed on our Dev/Testing Node and
started up a ridiculous number of VM's :) more than its ever managed before.
Its was sluggih as buggery, but it coped .

16 Windows VM's on a 48GB Node.
- 10 VM's 1GB/2GB
- 6 VM's 2GB/4GB

atop showed RAM being stressed and swap in use.

No sign of the mem failure in the virtio interface when starting VM's. All
VM's started and restarted without glitches.