[PVE-User] TASK ERROR: cluster not ready - no quorum?

Shain Miley smiley at npr.org
Mon Mar 9 15:18:42 CET 2015

Hello,

Last night I upgraded our cluster to version 3.4 (no subscription).
During this same time period, we rebooted several of the nodes in order
to install some 10G networking cards.
Everything seemed to go well, however at some point after all the nodes
were upgraded (and a few of them were rebooted), I noticed that all the
other nodes were showing up red in the web gui.

Using pvecm I am able to see that the Quorum status is listed as
'Activity blocked'.

root at proxmox13:~# pvecm status
Version: 6.2.0
Config Version: 25
Cluster Name: ProxmoxVE2
Cluster Id: 33252
Cluster Member: Yes
Cluster Generation: 1208
Membership state: Cluster-Member
Nodes: 1
Expected votes: 19
Total votes: 1
Node votes: 1
Quorum: 10 Activity blocked
Active subsystems: 1
Flags:
Ports Bound: 0
Node name: proxmox13
Node ID: 12
Multicast addresses: 239.192.129.102
Node addresses: 172.31.2.48

Here are the version details:

root at proxmox13:~# pveversion -v
proxmox-ve-2.6.32: 3.3-147 (running kernel: 2.6.32-26-pve)
pve-manager: 3.4-1 (running version: 3.4-1/3f2d890e)
pve-kernel-2.6.32-20-pve: 2.6.32-100
pve-kernel-2.6.32-37-pve: 2.6.32-147
pve-kernel-2.6.32-26-pve: 2.6.32-114
lvm2: 2.02.98-pve4
clvm: 2.02.98-pve4
corosync-pve: 1.4.7-1
openais-pve: 1.1.4-3
libqb0: 0.11.1-2
redhat-cluster-pve: 3.2.0-2
resource-agents-pve: 3.9.2-4
fence-agents-pve: 4.0.10-2
pve-cluster: 3.0-16
qemu-server: 3.3-20
pve-firmware: 1.1-3
libpve-common-perl: 3.0-24
libpve-access-control: 3.0-16
libpve-storage-perl: 3.0-31
pve-libspice-server1: 0.12.4-3
vncterm: 1.1-8
vzctl: 4.0-1pve6
vzprocps: 2.0.11-2
vzquota: 3.1-2
pve-qemu-kvm: 2.1-12
ksm-control-daemon: 1.1-1
glusterfs-client: 3.5.2-1

Might someone suggest the best way to get the cluster back into a
healthy state?

Thanks in advance,

Shain

--
_NPR | Shain Miley| Manager of Systems and Infrastructure, Digital Media