[PVE-User] Proxmox update error

Hector Suarez Planas hector.suarez at codesa.co.cu
Thu Mar 12 14:18:48 CET 2015

> Le 12/03/2015 13:58, Hector Suarez Planas a écrit :
>> Hi, all.
>>
>> When I try to update my nodes today, I got this error:
>>
>> root at prx-c0-1:~# aptitude update
>> Hit http://ftp.codesa.co.cu wheezy Release.gpg
>> Hit http://ftp.codesa.co.cu wheezy/updates Release.gpg
>> Get: 1 http://ftp.codesa.co.cu wheezy Release.gpg [198 B]
>> Hit http://ftp.codesa.co.cu wheezy Release
>> Hit http://ftp.codesa.co.cu wheezy/updates Release
>> Get: 2 http://ftp.codesa.co.cu wheezy Release [3,083 B]
>> Err http://ftp.codesa.co.cu wheezy Release
>> Hit http://ftp.codesa.co.cu wheezy/main amd64 Packages
>> Hit http://ftp.codesa.co.cu wheezy/contrib amd64 Packages
>> Hit http://ftp.codesa.co.cu wheezy/non-free amd64 Packages
>> Hit http://ftp.codesa.co.cu wheezy/updates/main amd64 Packages
>> Hit http://ftp.codesa.co.cu wheezy/updates/contrib amd64 Packages
>> Hit http://ftp.codesa.co.cu wheezy/updates/non-free amd64 Packages
>> Ign http://ftp.codesa.co.cu wheezy/contrib Translation-en
>> Ign http://ftp.codesa.co.cu wheezy/main Translation-en
>> Ign http://ftp.codesa.co.cu wheezy/non-free Translation-en
>> Ign http://ftp.codesa.co.cu wheezy/updates/contrib Translation-en
>> Ign http://ftp.codesa.co.cu wheezy/updates/main Translation-en
>> Ign http://ftp.codesa.co.cu wheezy/updates/non-free Translation-en
>> Fetched 199 B in 0s (394 B/s)
>> W: A error occurred during the signature verification. The repository is
>> not updated and the previous index files will be used. GPG error:
>> http://ftp.codesa.co.cu wheezy Release: The following signatures were
>> invalid: NODATA 1 NODATA 2
>>
>> W: Failed to fetch
>> http://ftp.codesa.co.cu/linux/distros/pve-test-repository/dists/wheezy/Release:
>>
>> W: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old
>> ones used instead.
>>
>> I update my nodes every day. I refresh tha APT cahe on /var/lib/apt, but
>> nothing. Tha Proxmox GPG Key is the same (created at 23-Jul-2013 09:29)
>> that I have. The error is still there.
>>
>> However, this part caught my attention: W: A error occurred during the
>> signature verification. The repository is not updated and the previous
>> index files will be used. GPG error: http://ftp.codesa.co.cu wheezy
>> Release: The following signatures were invalid: NODATA 1 NODATA 2
> Well, what is this repository:  http://ftp.codesa.co.cu ?
> Doesn't look like either an official debian repos, nor a proxmox one?
>
> Remove it from your sources.list{,.d/*.list} if it's not needed, and it
> shall work.. Or add its key manually, if it's something you need (why?)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Gilou

I make a local copy of the Official Proxmox Repository with debmirror at
01:30 a.m. and 18:30 p.m. every day. The I use this copy to update my
Proxmox nodes.

This is the Proxmox updater script:

#!/bin/sh

# Version: 1.0.0
# Programador: Lic. Hector Suarez Planas
# Cargo: Administrador, Nodo CODESA - Grupo Empresarial de la Construccion
#        Santiago de Cuba
#
# Script para sincronizar el Repositorio de Proxmox VE en Internet.
#
# NOTA: Este script esta basado en los scripts originales de descarga de
#       los repositorios de Debian proporcionados por los Administradores
#       de Infomed.

# Mirror host
FROM=download.proxmox.com

# Archive location
TO=/srv/distros/pve-test-repository

# -----

DATE=$(date "+%Y-%m-%d")
DATE_FILENAME=$(date "+%Y-%m-%d__%H.%M.%S")
DATE_LOGHEADER=$(date "+%d %b %Y - %H:%M:%S")

BASELOGDIR=/var/log/repos
LOGDIR=$BASELOGDIR/$DATE
LOGFILE=pve-test-repository_sync-$DATE_FILENAME.log
TARGETLOG=$LOGDIR/$LOGFILE

# Si no existe el directorio base, crearlo y asignarle
# permisos
[ -d $BASELOGDIR ] || mkdir -p $BASELOGDIR

# Si no existe el directorio, crearlo y asignarle
# permisos
[ -d $LOGDIR ] || mkdir -p $LOGDIR

# Si no existe el archivo, crearlo y asignarle
# permisos
[ -f $TARGETLOG ] || touch $TARGETLOG

chown -R root.root $BASELOGDIR/
chmod 750 $(find $BASELOGDIR -type d)
chmod 640 $(find $BASELOGDIR -type f)

echo "---------------------------------------------" >> $TARGETLOG
echo " Registro de eventos de sincronizacion del   " >> $TARGETLOG
echo " Repositorio de Proxmox VE (No Subscription) " >> $TARGETLOG
echo "" >> $TARGETLOG
echo " $DATE_LOGHEADER" >> $TARGETLOG
echo "---------------------------------------------" >> $TARGETLOG
echo "" >> $TARGETLOG

# Delete temp folder first
rm -rf /srv/distros/pve-test-repository/.temp/

# Main archive
debmirror \
     --passive \
     --progress \
     --verbose \
     --host=$FROM \
     --root=debian \
     --dist=wheezy \
     --section=pvetest \
     --arch=amd64 \
     --timeout=1600  \
     --method=http \
     --cleanup \
     --nosource \
     --ignore-small-errors \
     --diff=none \
     $TO >> $LOGDIR/$LOGFILE 2>&1

And this allways work it on for me. Ah, and the Proxmox GPG key are
added to the system. My bandwidth is only 256 kbps and I can not afford
to upgrade my nodes directly from Internet. So I made a local copy for
nodes and servers update from it (Debian 6/7, Proxmox, VyOS, Zabbix, etc.).

:-(