[PVE-User] TASK ERROR: cluster not ready - no quorum?

Juan Serra Costa juaserco at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 10:57:30 CET 2015

This is not a solution, but it may help. After upgrading to 3.4 I had
problems with the cluster. I solved it by restarting some daemons.

/etc/init.d/pve-manager stop
/etc/init.d/pvestatd stop
/etc/init.d/pvedaemon stop
/etc/init.d/cman stop
/etc/init.d/pve-cluster stop

At this point I had a problem with cman because some processes didn't stop,
so I killed them.

ps aux|egrep "(dlm_controld|fenced|corosync)"

Just to be sure, I foreced unmounting some folders.

umount -l /sys/kernel/config
umount -l /etc/pve

After that I started the daemons.

/etc/init.d/pve-cluster start
/etc/init.d/cman start
/etc/init.d/pvedaemon start
/etc/init.d/pvestatd start
/etc/init.d/pve-manager start

Doing this with all the machines one by one I recovered the cluster without
rebooting. I know that this is not a solution, but it may help.