[PVE-User] Fibre Channel Network Storage support

Patrice Levesque pve.wayne at ptaff.ca
Mon Mar 23 14:41:13 CET 2015

Hi.

An opportunity knocked where I could get my hands on a Compellent SAN
with a Fibre Channel interface.

Proxmox VE's Wiki¹ does not indicate that Fibre Channel is supported via
the web interface, but I wonder if I can setup FC nonetheless via CLI,
and if so, once done, create/resize disk images on that SAN from
Proxmox, perform live migrations, take snapshots, etc, like I'm
currently doing with an iSCSI SAN attached to four Proxmox VE hosts.

While I'm at it, the FC PCI cards I'd be using would be QLogic (PCI IDs
1077:2432 and 1077:2532), via the qla2xxx kernel module.  Anyone has
positive/negative reviews about them?

Thanks,

1) https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Storage_Model

--