[PVE-User] IP not reachable from KVM Centos 7

Ikenna Okpala me at ikennaokpala.com
Wed Nov 4 18:40:30 CET 2015

Hello Everyone,

I have hit a problem today.

I am hosting with Hetzner for a while and recently I setup a new Centos 7
(minimal) KVM instance.

I added/confiugured two network devices one with the local VPN IP and the
other for the public IP.

I have gone through the entire config options and found nothing wrong.

The local VPN IP responds to pings perfectly, but the public one is
unreachable on Centos 7 (minimal) KVM.

After contacting Hetzner support, it appears the IP is fine.

I have now create a sample Centos 7 (minimal) OpenVZ container and moved
the IP there,  low and behold it is now reachable.

Can anyone give me Idea what I may be doing wrong?

--
Ikenna