[PVE-User] vzdump backup timing out

Michael Rasmussen mir at miras.org
Sat Nov 7 22:28:09 CET 2015

On Sat, 7 Nov 2015 16:03:25 -0500 (EST)
Daniel Bayerdorffer <danielb at numberall.com> wrote:

> Hi Alain,
>
> Thanks in advance for your help. At first I thought my storage was full as well. So I deleted any existing backups and tried again. It worked when I did a manual backup, but again failed on a scheduled backup.
>
> VM101 is about 100 Gig, and VM102 is about 9 Gig.

I think it is caused by congestion on your backup device/network. When
you do a manual backup there is only 1 backup running concurrently but
when the scheduled backup runs it will start backup concurrently if the
VM's which is to be backed up is running on different Proxmox host. To
overcome this problem you should make a scheduled backup for each
proxmox host running on a different time scale so that there at any
time only runs a scheduled backup of one VM.

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys:
michael <at> rasmussen <dot> cc
mir <at> datanom <dot> net
mir <at> miras <dot> org
/usr/games/fortune -es says:
Without adventure, civilization is in full decay.
		-- Alfred North Whitehead