[PVE-User] ceph/rbd to qcow2 - sparse file

Fabrizio Cuseo f.cuseo at panservice.it
Mon Oct 19 22:30:02 CEST 2015

Hello.
I have a test cluster (3 hosts) with 20/30 test vm's, and ceph storage.
Last week i planned to upgrade from 3.4 to 4.0; so i moved all the vm disks on a moosefs storage (qcow2).

Moving from rbd to qcow2 caused all the disks to loose the sparse mode.

I have reinstalled the whole cluster from scratch and now I am moving back the disks from qcow2 to rbd, but now i need to convert (with the vm off) every single disk from qcow2 to qcow2, so i can have the disk image sparsed.

There is the possibility to move the disk from proxmox gui without loosing the sparse mode ? At least with pve 4.0

Regards, Fabrizio