[PVE-User] PVE 4

Hermann Himmelbauer hermann at qwer.tk
Fri Sep 4 14:28:13 CEST 2015

Am 04.09.2015 um 14:19 schrieb Gilberto Nunes:
> Hi guys
> Somebody here is using PVE 4???
> How is it??

Yes, I personally use it and like it. But I have no comparison to PVE 3
as I'm a newcomer to PVE.

It seems PVE 4 is quite stable but I experience the following shortcomings:

- No ceph integration yet
- Live migration of virtual machines with SPICE enabled does not work
- SPICE is all in all not working well - but this may be due to the VM
and/or client
- Adding a node to my cluster did not work in one case, the database was
then inconsistent (I reinstalled the cluster as I did not know how to
bring it into a consistent state)
- Lack of documentation

However, I need to test the cluster further (HA features, backup, ceph
etc.) in order to give a better feedback.

Best Regards,
Hermann

hermann at qwer.tk
PGP/GPG: 299893C7 (on keyservers)