[PVE-User] Ceph install failed

Frank, Petric (Petric) Petric.Frank at alcatel-lucent.com
Tue Sep 8 10:15:47 CEST 2015

Hello,

after some "try and error" I got some workaround. I modified the ceph key URL to use http instead of https.
The web server SSL key cert of ceph.org is not listed in any official CA.
Using wget for a test download i get:

  root at proxmox4:~# wget -O xxx https://git.ceph.com/?p=ceph.git;a=blob_plain;f=keys/release.asc
  --2015-09-08 10:57:11--  https://git.ceph.com/?p=ceph.git
  Resolving <proxy-host> (<proxy-host>)... xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
  Connecting <proxy-host> (<proxy-host>)|xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx|:8080... connected.
  ERROR: The certificate of `git.ceph.com' is not trusted.
  ERROR: The certificate of `git.ceph.com' hasn't got a known issuer.

It may be that the perl class LWP::UserAgent is not able to handle this.

So i temporarily patched /usr/bin/pveceph to use http://git.ceph.com/?p=ceph.git;a=blob_plain;f=keys/release.asc to obtain the PGP key.

Kind regards
  Petric