[PVE-User] OVH + Vrack + private IP + Proxmox 4

Hector Suarez Planas hector.suarez at codesa.co.cu
Mon Apr 25 13:38:43 CEST 2016

Greetings.

> Thank you
>
> I know all these tutorials, I would especially like to have the opinion
> and experience of someone who would know OVH
> and its network configuration with public and private IP

Régis, I recently helped a colombian friend (a developer) in that.
First, I should clarify that we don't have access to the OVHcustomer
main panel, only to the hypervisor Proxmox VE.

The default configuration comes with two bridges, one for the public IP
address and one for local connections. I made a new bridge with a
private /24 IP pool in which we place the VM/CT(local servers). Then, we
using NAT to show certain services to Inet, such as a Web server:

auto vmbr2
iface vmbr2 inet static
         address 172.16.1.254
         netmask 255.255.255.0
         bridge_ports none
         bridge_stp off
         bridge_fd 0
         post-up echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
         post-up iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -s '172.16.1.0/24' -o
vmbr0 -j SNAT --to A.B.C.D
         post-down iptables -t nat -D POSTROUTING -s '172.16.1.0/24' -o
vmbr0 -j SNAT --to A.B.C.D
         post-up iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i vmbr0 -p tcp --dport
22 -j DNAT --to 172.16.1.10:22
         post-down iptables -t nat -D PREROUTING -i vmbr0 -p tcp --dport
22 -j DNAT --to 172.16.1.10:22
         post-up iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i vmbr0 -p tcp --dport
80 -j DNAT --to 172.16.1.10:80
         post-down iptables -t nat -D PREROUTING -i vmbr0 -p tcp --dport
80 -j DNAT --to 172.16.1.10:80

I am clear that it is a very basic configuration, but worked out. :-) On
the Proxmox VE firewall we do the rest (filtering).

:-)

--
Lic. Hector Suarez Planas