[PVE-User] Message from PVE-HA-CRM

Thomas Lamprecht t.lamprecht at proxmox.com
Fri Feb 5 17:19:32 CET 2016

On 02/05/2016 04:26 PM, Gilberto Nunes wrote:
> > Also if you have no more VM under HA you can remove the HA resource
> config
> >
> > # rm /etc/pve/ha/resources.cfg
>
> But if do this, in the future, when I realize that I need insert the
> previously node removed, it will work?

Yes, if you add the other node again and want to reactivate HA simply
add a VM/CT to HA (via GUI or the command line) and this file will be
recreated if not existing and everything will work again.

> > But the errors from the CRM should _not_ be related to a stopping
> VM, I'm pretty sure there's another > cause for that :)
>
> That's is what I am trying figure out.
>

> > If you have the logs from around the time the VM stopped look if
> something strange happened.
>
> Well... This happen later of night and, seems to me that is happen
> when backup go...
OOM-killer because you get out of RAM?
> I notice, in other PVE host, sometimes some randonly VM's just restart
> at night...
To be honest, that seems like it comes from inside the VM not from PVE.
> I any case, logs from proxmox are where difficult to get, mainly
> because the same of syslog system and I get a lot of garbage...
I really can't relate to that i find the logs quite practical to skim
through, especially with the journalctl tool.
> We have the /var/log/pve and /var/log;pveproxy/ but nothing useful at
> all....
This is also not the primary log output.

> I will try another approuch to solve this issues....
>
> Thanks anyway....

btw. you can pack a lot of relevant things with journalctl, it has some
nifty functions, e.g.: you can create a log from a date/time frame:
> |journalctl --since "2015-01-10" --until "2015-01-11 03:00" |

(additional

> |> out.log |

at the end, to pipe it in a file.)