[PVE-User] LXC Containers freezing during backup (snapshot)

Marc marc at moonscoop-fan.com
Mon Feb 15 11:10:41 CET 2016

Hello,

I recently switched to PVE 4.1 with containers using LXC instead OpenVZ.

I'm using ZFS for container storage. I scheduled the backup using
snapshot every night.

Sometimes the backup freezes on the command "lxc-freeze" during snapshot
storage creation and the container
stay freezed for hours until I kill manually lxc-freeze and launch
lxc-unfreeze on the container.

I also noticed the same problem on LXC Container on LVM storage where
snapshot isn't available and use suspend for backup.

Did someone encountered the same problem? Any hint on how to solve this?

Thank you,

Marc