[PVE-User] ??utf-8?q? VM Backup best practicesrecommendation...

Alwin Antreich sysadmin-pve at cognitec.com
Wed Feb 17 13:48:45 CET 2016

As an idea, if you have a separate disk for your data and you already create backups inside your VM, why not skip the
backup of this VM disk? In case of an emergency you may need to restore your backups inside the VM anyway. So it might
be faster in the event of a disaster to recreate the disk and restore your backups inside the VM. As you said an email
earlier, the backup of the disk takes a long time, so might also the restore.

Regards,
Alwin