[PVE-User] ZFS over iSCSI...

Mikhail m at plus-plus.su
Wed Feb 17 21:31:50 CET 2016

On 02/17/2016 09:41 PM, Michael Rasmussen wrote:
> Do you mean iSCSI is not suited for ZFS? I say on the contrary. iSCSI
> and ZFS is a match in heaven;-)
>
> Regarding wiki for ZFS over iSCSI: There simply is not more to it -
> follow the advice and you are up and running.

Thanks for the follow up on this.

I guess the reason why I think so is due to my misunderstanding of how
ZFS over iSCSI works. I just thought that it works the same way LVM over
iSCSI works (storage exports block device and client node uses this
device like local disk), but apparently it looks like ZFS has native
iSCSI support and obviously this changes everything.

So after your and Steffen's responses I'm going to give it a try as per
Wiki instructions with Omnios over 10Gbit network.

Cheers!