[PVE-User] ZFS over iSCSI...

Dimitris Beletsiotis dimitris.beletsiotis at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 12:20:12 CET 2016

+1 for ZFS over iSCSI using an Omnios+Napp-it storage system.

Keep in mind that for low-budget needs you may use 2 Proxmox nodes with
local ZFS storage (hyperconvergence !) and backup from primary by using
ZFS incremental snapshots.
Proxmox suppports local ZFS storage from 3.4 version
(https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Storage:_ZFS#Limit_ZFS_memory_usage)
Pros:
-Much lower budget since you do not need 10G separate network for
hypervisor-storage communication, and additional nodes for storage!
Cons:
-No possibility for live migration since there is not a shared storage.
-Reduced flexibility since hypervisor and storage are in the same system.

Regards,
Dimitris