[PVE-User] ZFS over iSCSI...

Mikhail m at plus-plus.su
Thu Feb 18 12:20:12 CET 2016

On 02/17/2016 11:53 PM, Michael Rasmussen wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Feb 2016 23:31:50 +0300
> Mikhail <m at plus-plus.su> wrote:
>

>> So after your and Steffen's responses I'm going to give it a try as per
>> Wiki instructions with Omnios over 10Gbit network.
>>
> Should any of you run into a problem we have a discussion list for
> omnios here: http://lists.omniti.com/mailman/listinfo/omnios-discuss

Looks like there will be a problem with Omnios on my hardware -
according to
http://hardforum.com/threads/10gbe-for-omnios.1891004/#post-1042131880
Intel's X550 NIC is not supported yet. This NIC will be used in my nodes
built on Supermicro X11SSH-CTF motherboard.

What's the main advantage of using Omnios instead of regular Linux
distro with zfs?