[PVE-User] Proxmox VE 3.4 - Support Lifecycle

Denys Duchier denys.duchier at univ-orleans.fr
Thu Feb 25 18:41:23 CET 2016

Mikhail <m at plus-plus.su> writes:

> Can you share what's the problem with iSCSI in current 4.1 PVE? We're
> looking to install new cluster based on latest PVE, and we're going to
> rely on iSCSI in terms of storage.

The problem is you can't write to your SAN (if it uses SMR-HDDs, I
gathered).  Our setup is a Dell PowerVault 3200i + iSCSI/multipath, and
our servers just seem to DOS themselves to death with queued
reconnection attempts.

I suspect it has been fixed in this commit:

https://git.proxmox.com/?p=pve-kernel.git;a=commit;h=ef5f1ab8555594d7d400308a4a38b2d0cdf1458f

but I haven't been able to confirm it (I compiled the current pve-kernel,
but it is entirely possible that I didn't do it right - so far I can't
see my LUNs).

Cheers,
--Denys