[PVE-User] PVE 3.4 to 4.1 upgrade terror history

Alain Péan alain.pean at lpn.cnrs.fr
Mon Jan 11 13:41:47 CET 2016

Le 11/01/2016 11:21, Eneko Lacunza a écrit :
> Thanks for sharing, I have updated wiki with the command to search the
> latest kernel and the current latest kernel version:
> https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Upgrade_from_3.x_to_4.0#Install_the_new_kernel

I saw, yes, it's fine. When I have to install a given package, I always
check first what is available in the repositories, and in which
repository. I consider this upgrade as very critical, so be cautious.
I tested it before on a test cluster (in fact a cluster hosted on a
spare Proxmox server, with nested virtualization). It is always better
to have an experience and know what is the detailed process, and what
problems you could face.

Alain

--
Administrateur Système/Réseau
Laboratoire de Photonique et Nanostructures (LPN/CNRS - UPR20)