[PVE-User] No hostnames are visible on network

Daniel Bayerdorffer danielb at numberall.com
Sun Jan 17 17:25:18 CET 2016

Hi Gary,

Do you have your own DNS server on your network? You need to either manually add those IP address' to your DNS server with their hostname. Or you need to tell your Containers to report their name to the DNS server when they get their IP address from the DHCP server.

I don't know the procedure for the second option, don't know enough about Linux to do it myself.

Good Luck,
Daniel