[PVE-User] Lxc restore does not restore /var/log

Fabian Grünbichler f.gruenbichler at proxmox.com
Thu Jun 16 16:58:29 CEST 2016

> Yoslan Raul Jimenez Carvajal <yraul at uniss.edu.cu> hat am 16. Juni 2016 um 16:47 geschrieben:
>

> Hello list turns out that I made a backup of a lxc in Proxmox 4.2
> container and when I try to restore lxc perfect but it does not restore
> / var / log any idea about it?
>
> Thank you

You probably did not have the "stdexcludes" option disabled at the time that backup was created. Until recently, vzdump excluded "/var/log" by default unless "stdexcludes" was explicitly set to 0. For new backups created using an uptodate proxmox 4.2 the "/var/log" directory hierarchy should be contained in the backup archive (unless manually excluded with "--exclude-path").