[PVE-User] PVE 4.2 multipathing over iscsi problem

Emmanuel Kasper e.kasper at proxmox.com
Tue Jun 21 14:01:14 CEST 2016

Hi Sebastian
I guess /dev/dm-8 your multipath device ? ( You can check that with
multipath -ll )

>From what I see from your syslog, you have a write error on the
multipath device dm-8 and at the same time to the underlying block
devices sdc and sdd. Especially if everything is working normally apart
from the backups, I don't here think of a multipath configuration
problem. So maybe here a network problem ? Can you check form the SAN
side if you have a I/O peak when the failure occurs ?

Just to make sure, you're not accessing the same iscsi targets from your
other cluster ?

Emmanuel