[PVE-User] [pve-devel] online migration broken in latest updates - "unknown command 'mtunnel'"

Thomas Lamprecht t.lamprecht at proxmox.com
Fri Nov 18 18:21:00 CET 2016

Hi,

I'm removing the pve-devel list from the reply-to as one is enough.

On 11/18/2016 06:01 PM, Chance Ellis wrote:
> Hi Tom,
>
> You have the essential issue.
>
> I have my original cluster. All nodes are running these versions: http://pastebin.com/vquKJaKJ
>
> As a test, I added a new node to the cluster, running these versions: http://pastebin.com/Jg5LH0RD
>
> When I try to migrate from old->new, I get the following error: http://pastebin.com/YazWBtn2

Here the migration network patch has now fault, it comes to this line:

  > Nov 18 11:59:27 starting online/live migration on tcp:localhost:60000

Here anything related to a dedicated migration network happened already,
the rest of the code is independent from it.

But I find it interesting that you have "tcp:localhost:60000" in the log.
This means that your node still uses the old TCP forward ssh tunnel for
the migration.
Those did not open reliable so we switched to unix sockets, so the line
should be something like:

  > Nov 18 17:42:38 starting online/live migration on
unix:/run/qemu-server/167.migrate

As a workaround disable migration_unsecure or delete it from
/etc/pve/datacenter.cfg then it should work.
I have to look into that, there may be a bug when migrating from old ->
new and migration_unsecure on.

> When I try to migrate from new-> old, I get the following error: http://pastebin.com/hBfBnsYP

This is expected. But you can solve it by updating at least the
pve-cluster pcakage on the old node, then it should work also.

cheers,
Thomas