[PVE-User] Non-x86 VMs?

Thomas Lamprecht t.lamprecht at proxmox.com
Tue Oct 4 09:48:24 CEST 2016

Hi,

On 10/04/2016 09:30 AM, Marco Gaiarin wrote:
> Probably is a dumb question. But i've not found an answer on wiki...

no dumb question!

> There's a way to 'run' a VM for non intel/amd CPUs? And manage it via
> PVE interface?

No currently not, our KVM/QEMU package gets compiled with the x86_64
target only.

You would have to recompile our package (pve-qemu-kvm) with the
respective targets included.
And start the VM with KVM disabled. I don't know though 100% that there
is nothing else to change.

If you do this expirment it would be nice if you can get back to the
list with the results :)

If you have questions how to add the targets to the package I can try
assisting you, I do not have time for this experiment myself atm, sorry :)

cheers,
Thomas