[PVE-User] HA question

Thomas Lamprecht t.lamprecht at proxmox.com
Thu Oct 6 07:54:47 CEST 2016

Hi,

On 10/05/2016 09:52 PM, Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
> On 6/10/2016 1:09 AM, Thomas Lamprecht wrote:
>> Please *always* read the documentation if you want HA and if you want
>> to use it
>> in production you surely shouldn't assume anything and read the docs
>> first.
>
> Ignores the point people are making - if you use stop its because you
> *need* to. Now they can't.

That doesn't has to do anything with the above quoted, this has to do
with ha-manager disable, no buttons involved :)
The point that a instant stop is often needed and the current confusing
UI got acknowledged, as stated in my other answer.
And for that now a bug report is open and it will be addressed.

>> I mean, if you where a admin of a nuclear site would you just mash on
>> random
>> buttons and then blame the engineer of those buttons if the world
>> dies or would
>> you read the manual and then decide which button to press? :)
>> (yeah I know, bit dramatic, but I try to explain my point)
>
> A bit patronising to.

Sorry, if you took it that way, wasn't meant to patronize.

> You've redefined the function of a command with no visual feedback.
> Not good UI design.

Here you're right, but same as above: the quoted context is another.
Namely that someone shut down production machine because he disabled a
service under HA.
He wanted to remove it from HA managed but said to HA it should be
stopped, nothing to do with the stop/shutdown button confusion :)

cheers,
Thomas