[PVE-User] HA question

Thomas Lamprecht t.lamprecht at proxmox.com
Thu Oct 6 12:00:58 CEST 2016

On 10/06/2016 11:51 AM, Kevin Lemonnier wrote:
>> Yes, I would find that logical. And perhaps also a third option: to
>> disable-HA management, so we can work on a machine, without having to
>> completely remove it from the HA system.
>>
> That's not a bid idea. I assume we all make the mistake for the same reason :
> trying to disable HA without losing the comment and having to figure out the id again.
>
> I personnaly use the comment to put the machine name, since the id isn't really
> that great to identify the VM for me in the list.

Yes, as I wrote in another answer be thought about that a bit, to me
this discussion shows that it has use cases.
But adding something to HA is not always straight forward.
You have to think about a lot possible side effects and that cluster
wide not only regarding the local node, what happens on
fencing/failures, ...

But we will definitively reevaluate if we should add it! No promise yet,
though :)

cheers,
Thomas