[PVE-User] Manager Skins/Themes

John Crisp jcrisp at safeandsoundit.co.uk
Fri Oct 7 17:12:15 CEST 2016

On 07/10/16 13:10, Frank Thommen wrote:
> On 10/04/2016 10:47 AM, John Crisp wrote:

>> Anyway, I guess I am in a minority of one and will be ignored.
>
> You are not alone.  I am with you, even though I wouldn't have
> formulated it so harshly :-).

Thanks - at least I know I am not alone :-)

I do not mean to be harsh - just matter of fact.

Unfortunately anything representing a criticism seems to be interpreted
as being harsh. How else can you say it ? Do I just say 'it's all lovely' ?

I have tried to make positive suggestions (a theme manager being one)
but whatever I say it seems to fall on deaf ears and the developers
don't seem to be able to accept for one moment that they may just
possibly be wrong.

Here's some stuff on theming.

http://docs.sencha.com/extjs/6.2.0/guides/core_concepts/theming.html

Here's how you can choose themes:

http://examples.sencha.com/extjs/6.2.0/examples/classic/themes/index.html

So you can build a new theme, leave the old one in place, and then test.
You don't have to maintain the old one....

I have looked all over the place for anywhere else that uses this double
vertical column layout. I haven't seen anywhere that does. That's a good
indicator of what people like/don't like and what is considered to be
good or bad UI design. The closest you get is left column flyouts, which
I personally don't really like, but it would probably be better than this.

If it was considered to be good you would see it everywhere, but you
don't. I digress.

The case for the prosecution rests. I give up and am off on holiday.

B. Rgds
John