[PVE-User] P2V Windows2003 Server (AD)

Alain Péan alain.pean at lpn.cnrs.fr
Sat Oct 8 18:19:57 CEST 2016

Le 07/10/2016 à 11:43, HK 590 Dicky 梁家棋 資科 a écrit :
> anyone here have experience on migrate physical windows 2003 server to
> proxmox?
> i used a tools to  "EaseUS Todo Backup Advanced Server " to covert
> physical server to .vmdk
> than a create new VM with vmdk format, and replace the windows 2003
> server .vmdk file just created,
> but can't start up successful, i can see the Windows 2003 logo 2
> seconds, than keep reboot..
>
> any suggestion to migrate physical windows 2003 server to Proxmox ?

I won't do that, as windows 2003 server is no more supported by
Microsoft, since at least July 2015.

I would create a new VM using windows 2008 R2 or 2012/2012 R2, join it
to the AD domain, then promote it as AD controller, then demote the old
server.

My two cents.

Alain

--
Administrateur Système/Réseau
C2N (ex LPN) Centre de Nanosciences et Nanotechnologies (UMR 9001)