[PVE-User] Ceph Cache Tiering

Eneko Lacunza elacunza at binovo.es
Tue Oct 11 10:39:18 CEST 2016

El 10/10/16 a las 23:24, Lindsay Mathieson escribió:
> On 11/10/2016 2:05 AM, Eneko Lacunza wrote:
>> And there are known limits/problems with ext4 for example, and seems
>> that also apply to zfsonlinux
>
> No they do not.
I linked the bugreport, not that I care really :)

>> Anyway it seems they're getting rid of the filesystem in the near
>> future with bluestore
>
> yes, and this I think is a bad idea. They are dropping the decades of
> development on linux hardware control to roll their own low level
> filesystem layer. They are developing a case of NIH syndrome. I don't
> think it will bode well.
They're not developing a new filesystem (that is the point after all),
and yes, it performs much better. :-) Also take into account that some
parts of bluestore are pre-existing tech (the DB thing)

But I understand your position, it will need time to stabilize; it's
some time that they're working on it and seems that LTS version after
Krakken will use bluestore by default; as Proxmox usually lags a bit
behind LTS versions, we'll know by other users if it is stable enough
when we can use it in Proxmox Ceph Server.

Cheers
Eneko

--
Zuzendari Teknikoa / Director Técnico